Listed in .Misc
- (902) 258-3317/ 902 258-2850
Alexander MacDonald, a weaver, left the Isle of Mull, Scotland and settled
in East Lake Ainslie in 1823. The original land grant totaled 518 acres.
He married Mary MacLean and they had four girls and two boys. Charles,
the second son, established the first mercantile business here in 1848
and built this house in the mid-1850’s His store served East Lake Ainslie
and nearby communities for many years.